"Connecting With Canadians"
October 27 – 29, 2010
Delta Fredericton Hotel, Fredericton, NB
PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT IN DISASTER RISK REDUCTION
A focus on the knowledge and practice of public engagement in risk reduction.
SMART PRACTICES AND LESSONS FROM RECENT DISASTERS
Demonstrations of innovative technology solutions for risk assessment, information management, inter-agency collaboration and decision support.
Health sciences and services physical and psychosocial dimensions of emergency management Natural sciences
- risk assessment methodologies, climate change adaptation strategies
- risk mitigation and multi-discipline collaboration
Social sciences and services
- public attitudes about risk and emergency management
- social media and social networking in crises and emergencies
- community resiliency strategies
- emerging trends in emergency social services
Governance, policy and management strategies
- public engagement
- collaboration for policy development
- decision support, e.g. land use planning
- warning, incident management, crisis management systems