11th Annual Canadian
Call for Papers and Special Sessions is Closed:
The program of the 11th Symposium, including a field trip and discussion groups as well as plenary and targeted sessions, will appeal to people from all disciplines and sectors (private, academia, government, community, and voluntary agencies) whether they are working at local, national or international levels. CRHNet brings together everyone who has an interest in the cross-sectoral, multiple dimensions of risk management and disaster reduction.
CRHNet and the 11th Symposium emphasize an interdisciplinary approach that will reach out to everyone with interests in risk mitigation and management.
Abstracts and special sessions on a broad range of topics related to risk and hazards are now evaluated and the draft program is in place. Themes to be addressed include:
- Evolving theories of risks
- Hazard and risk policy and regulations
- Emergency management
- Public health risks and emergencies
- Technological risks and engineering
- Critical infrastructure risks and protection
- Risk management models, standards, and tools
- Risk reduction and adaptation to climate and severe weather
- Cyber security risks and emergencies
- Risk and insurance of catastrophic events
- Managing coastal hazards, risks, and emergencies
- Managing North/Arctic hazards and risks
- Risks and demographic changes
- Managing risks and emergencies in mass gathering events
- Canada and post Hyogo Framework of Action
- Information and knowledge management for disaster risk reduction
- International perspectives on risk management and disaster risk reduction
- Aboriginal disaster resilience in Canadian and international contexts
Presentation summary/abstracts or proposals for special sessions were submitted online using the EasyChair system:
Accepted papers have a maximum of 30 minutes for presentation and discussion.
Abstracts will appear in the symposium's proceedings.
Posters are included in the program.
A selection of submitted full papers will be considered for publication in a special issue of the International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction.
Important Dates (Revised September 09, 2014)
Deadline for submission of abstract is passed - New abstract submissions will no longer be entertained.
Notification of acceptance: August 15, 2014
Full paper submission for journal publication: September 15, 2014
Symposium: October 22-24, 2014